Crumbed fish fillet burgers with beetroot sauce
- 3 large zucchini/ courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, cut into chips
- 4 x 125g barramundi fillets (or firm white fish), skin off
- ¼ cup plain gluten-free flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 70g gluten-free rye breadcrumbs
- 250g whole cooked beetrootbeetsX
- 200g reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 4 toasted gluten-free grainy bread rolls
- 1 small cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 head lettuce leaves, washed
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the zucchini chips on a baking tray and spray with olive oil. Cook for 25 minutes until lightly golden.
2 Meanwhile, place flour, egg and breadcrumbs each in separate shallow bowls. Dip the fish fillets into the flour, then whisked egg and finally into the breadcrumbs, to coat. Place onto a lined baking tray and bake for 12–15 minutes until cooked through.
3 In a food processor, blitz beetroot and yoghurt until smooth. Season with cracked pepper.
4 To assemble, spoon beetroot sauce onto base of toasted bread roll, top with cucumber slices, fish, lettuce leaves and roll top. Serve with zucchini chips.
Coating fish with egg and breadcrumbs helps prevent it from drying out — as well, of course, as creating that tasty crust!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.7g
–Saturated fat 3.4g
Dietary fibre 24.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like