Chickpea and tofu yellow curry
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free yellow curry paste
- 200g can light coconut milk
- 200ml reduced-salt gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli florets
- Cooked brown rice, to serve (optional)
- Roasted peanuts or dried shallots, to garnish (optional)
1 In a large saucepan, heat oil, onion, garlic and tofu over high heat for 6 minutes, stirring often until caramelised.
2 Add the chickpeas to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes more, or until fragrant.
3 Pour the coconut milk, vegetable stock, ½ cup water, capsicum and broccoli into the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the sauce is slightly thickened.
4 Serve with brown rice and peanuts or shallots, if using.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25.1g
–Saturated fat 6.1g
Dietary fibre 14.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like