Quick chicken meatballs with crispy chickpeas
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, cut in chunks
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 2 extra lean chicken sausages (choose lower-salt versions)
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- chilli sauce to serve (chipotle is great here)
- fresh basil or thyme to garnish (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 200C. Place chickpeas, carrots, capsicum and tomatoes in a large baking dish. Spray with oil and season. Roast for 25 minutes until vegies are tender and chickpeas are crunchy.
2 While vegetables roast, squeeze chicken sausages from skins and divide into bite-sized chunks (you can roll into balls if you like). Spray a medium pan with oil and set over medium heat. Cook chicken meatballs until cooked through.
3 Combine paprika and cumin with yoghurt and spread over 2 plates. Top the yoghurt mixture with sausage meatballs and roasted vegetables. Garnish with fresh herbs, chilli sauce and freshly-ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.1g
–Saturated fat 13.1g
Dietary fibre 18.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like